Why not!? When I found this recipe in my Memaw’s cookbook, I knew I had to add it to my list. I’m obsessed with anything that will make my dishes creamy and rich. That probably has a lot to do with my recent obsession with butter flavored oil. Yes, I said that right. And what’s even better is that it’s dairy free! That’s another reason why I’m totally obsessed with it. Butter is my number 2 favorite food, right after sugar.
See…they don’t have to be perfect to taste good.
Yogurt meatballs 🙂 These guys are full of flavor. A rich tomato sauce suits them nicely but you could do a simple cream sauce as well. Imagine an alfredo cauliflower sauce…YUM! We are sneaking these veggies in all over the place. The kids will never know. These are kid and husband tested and approved. All of my recipes are, btw. It can be quite difficult trying to get the kids (and husband) to eat healthy. That’s why I like to throw veggies and fruits in sneaky places, like brownies and cookies and meatballs. Meatballs didn’t really flow in that sentence like I wanted. Bacon would have sounded a lot better. But, hey, when does bacon not sound good?
- 1½ lb ground beef
- 2 T salt
- ½ T pepper
- ½ c greek yogurt
- 1 T butter oil(sub butter or other oil)
- 1 shallot bulb, minced (sub garlic)
- Pre-heat oven to 275.
- Sauté shallots until translucent.
- Add ground beef, salt and pepper, yogurt, butter oil, and sautéed shallots to a medium size bowl and mix well.
- Roll in to your preferred meatball size. I like smaller ones.
- Brown (on all sides) in a pan over medium heat.
- Place in the oven for ten minutes or until completely cooked through.
Make sure to try these meatballs with my creamy tomato sauce and zucchini noodles!