These babies remind of Ruby Tuesdays back in my younger years of working retail. Dessert after every meal!! And thank goodness there was a Ruby Tuesdays in the mall 🙂 I mean, I’m sure we could have found dessert elsewhere, but blondies!? Not blondies.
These Plantain Caramel Blondies made my heart smile!
Look how thick that batter is!! The apple flour (and any anti-grain flour) does something magic in there. I swear it has magical bonding powers.
The addition of dates (and maple syrup 🙂 ) give it a nice caramel(ly) flavor that you’re just going to love. Oooooh… So nice and brown!!
As you can tell by the number of my “healthy sweets” posts, I have yet to overcome my dessert complex. Luckily, I’ve become smart enough to switch to healthier options. Have my cake and eat it too!! Um-yeah!!
So, I obvs had these babies with ice cream (banana that is)…but what better way to top it off than with some….du-du-du-duuuu!!!…
- Super easy...Throw everything together in a bowl and mix until nice and smooth.
- 2 green/yellowish green plantains
- ⅔ c anti-grain apple flour
- 1 t baking soda
- ½ t cream of tarter
- 2 T vanilla extract
- ⅓ c apple sauce
- 2 T maple syrup
- ¼ c melted coconut oil
- 2 T coconut butter
- 8 pitted, softened dates (soften by soaking in water for a few hours or soak in hot water for 10-20 minutes)
- ½ t salt
- 1 t vinegar (I used tahitian vanilla dark balsamic)
- Pre-soak your dates so that they will be ready to go!
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Peel the plantains and put them in a blender. Blend until nice and smooth. Add the dates and continue to blend until smooth.
- In a large bowl mix together the apple flour, baking soda, cream of tarter and salt.
- Now add all of the remaining ingredients along with plantain and dates mixture into the bowl and mix well.
- You will have a nice, thick batter.
- Prepare a 13X9(ish) pan with parchment paper and pour the batter in.
- Throw it in the oven!