This reminds me of Pretty in Pink. One of the best movies ever! You can tell I’m an 80’s child, huh!?
Nothing screams “eat me!” like rich, pink, smooth strawberry ice-cream. This stuff didn’t lie either. You won’t even believe that this is Dairy Free Strawberry Ice Cream!!! Sometimes it’s kinda scary when you start eating healthy. Nothing seems to taste right. Our tastebuds are all over the place!! They are going through somewhat of a restart. So, whats sweet to me might not be sweet at all to you. I will usually start with a base recipe and then taste my way through it.
I love watching it all come together!! I swear I’ve never been a fan of pink, but this is just gorgeous! Actually, first thought, it reminded me of a butt. Sorry, I just had to get that out. I’m right though…., right?
This recipe came from one of my newest, most favoritest cook books this year. Check out Kelly Brozyna’s website…The Spunky Coconut. All of her recipes are egg-free, gluten-free, soy-free, and made without refined sugars. She’s my best friend right now. I usually don’t buy cookbooks because there is such a wealth of information on the web, but this one was a must. She offers so many different flavors, as well as other ice-cream must haves. Thank you Kelly! I can now survive summer.
- Add strawberries and coconut milk to blender and puree until smooth.
- Add dates, almond milk (or other milk of choice), lemon juice, and vanilla extract. Blend until smooth.
- Add the gelatin mixture and blend one last time . Gelatin is an optional thicker. If you do not have gelatin you could use 1 T of arrowroot or tapioca.
- Add the mixture to your ice-cream maker and run according to directions.
- Eat immediately after ready or freeze in a shallow dish until hard enough for scooping.